Restorative dentistry is any dental procedure that repairs or replaces a tooth. At Mason Miner DDS, we offer a wide range of restorative dentistry alongside preventative dentistry services.
Our restorative dentistry services can offer you one of two different solutions. To restore the function of the tooth or to restore the appearance of the teeth. For some patients, the goal of restorative dentistry in Durango, Colorado, can be one or both of the solutions.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures at Mason Miner DDS
There are a few dental services that fall under the umbrella of restorative dentistry, and they include the following;
- Cavity Filling – The most common procedure involves removing the damaged part of the tooth and filling it with a composite material similar in appearance to your tooth to prevent bacteria infecting the tooth.
- Root Canal – When a cavity goes deep enough into a tooth that the soft pulp is exposed, a root canal is needed. A dentist will clean out all of the soft pulp, rinse out the infection and fill in the tooth with a material like what is used in a cavity filling.
- Crown – A tooth that has been damaged from decay or a crack or breaks in the tooth can be reinforced with a crown. The top of the is shaved down, and a crown is placed over the top. The crown looks like and acts as your tooth.
- Dental Implant – A dental implant is an artificial tooth and root system. These are used when the original tooth is missing or too badly damaged due to decay. The implanted root is made of titanium, and it bonds with the jaw bone to form a solid hold, and the whole tooth performs as a natural tooth would do.
- Bridge – A dental bridge is an artificial tooth that is suspended between two crowns. It can consist of multiple teeth and is held in place by crowns placed over existing teeth.
- Dentures – Dentures are a replacement option if your teeth aren’t healthy enough for your mouth to function as it needs to. They usually consist of a whole arch of teeth and can be permanent or removable.
What Are The Benefits of Restorative Dentistry?
The main benefit of having restorative dentistry at Mason Miner DDS is we can help you restore the functionality of your teeth via our restorative dentistry options and eliminate pain and discomfort the issue(s) may be causing you.
Many patients find they have an improved appearance once their oral procedures have taken place, and they feel much more comfortable and confident in their smile and ability to perform the normal functions of their mouth and teeth.
Once restorative dentistry in Durango, Colorado has taken place, you can benefit from preventing any dental issues you have from getting worse and creating more problems for you. For example, if you ignore a cavity and the tooth can no longer be saved, you will need a root canal, or the tooth could need to be extracted. Another benefit is preserving your bone density by keeping on top of your dental needs and having restorative dentistry as soon as possible.
If you have any concerns about the type of restorative dentistry you need, our qualified and experienced team, and Mason Miner DDS, can talk you through your options today.